Two awards of WandaVision being the best performance award for a TV show for Elizabeth Olsen and best series award. The award for the best fight was bagged by Paul Bettany and Kathryn Hahn. It was two trophies for Hahn, the second one being for the best villain.
Mackie won an award for the best hero. In other news, Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan were labeled as “the titular superheroes”. The evening’s host, Leslie Jones won the award for best comedic performance for “Coming 2 America”.
The movie Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom made Chadwick Boseman win the MTV award of best performance making the audience feel satisfied. The debonair Duke of Hastings in Bridgerton, Rege-Jean Page came up as the breakthrough performer this year.
The famous Netflix hit based on a trilogy book by Jenny Hans, to all the boys To All the Boys: Always and Forever bagged best movie which became the teenage heart throb. Marvel’s treasure Scarlett Johansson was awarded the Generation Award by Pose star Billy Porter later in the evening. The Black Widow received this award via a video calls and expressed her gratitude.
Sacha Baron Cohen won the Comedic Genius Award presented to him by his dearest friend Seth Rogen. the winners of the best kiss were rather predictable Chase Stokes and Madelyn Cline from Outer Banks! The most frightening performance was won by Victoria Pedretti for the very scary The Haunting of Bly Manor.
A lot of winning series and movies were streamed and released on Netflix.
The MTV Movie & TV Awards 2021 winners in full:
- Best movie – To All The Boys: Always And Forever
- Best show – WandaVision
- Best hero – Anthony Mackie (The Falcon And The Winter Soldier)
- Best performance in a show – Elizabeth Olsen (WandaVision)
- Best breakthrough performance – Regé-Jean Page (Bridgerton)
- Best kiss – Chase Stokes & Madelyn Cline (Outer Banks)
- Best comedic performance – Leslie Jones (Coming 2 America)
- Best fight – Wanda vs Agatha (WandaVision)
- Best duo – Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan (The Falcon And The Winter Soldier)
- Best villain – Kathryn Hahn (WandaVision)
- Most frightening performance – Victoria Pedretti (The Haunting Of Bly Manor)
- Best musical moment – Edge Of Great (Julie And The Phantoms)
- Best performance in a movie – Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
- Comic genius – Sacha Baron Cohen
- Generation award – Scarlett Johansson